National LeioMyoSarcoma Foundation
The NLMSF was launched in 1997 by patients and families who wanted to find a way to come together in support of one another – building courage, hope, strength, and resilience to see each other through the difficult journey of this rare cancer.
It all started as an annual “Hugfest” and has evolved over the years to LMS patient-family-caregiver education, with patient advocacy programs throughout the United States, and Canada. Building strong alliances with other non-research and research related organizations is important to the NLMSF.
The Foundation honors the LMS Community of patients/families/caregivers through:
* Building awareness in communities, energizing patients and families to be strong self-advocates for their care,
* funding research projects to help accelerate treatment advancements are the focal points of the NLMSF mission.
* Reaching out to build collaborative partnerships with other organizations is another important hallmark of the Foundation, to further support patients and families by amplifying resource assistance in this way.
FOUNDATION MISSION AND FOCUS:
- Annual Patient-Family/Caregiver Education Symposia
- Patient Advocacy Resource Assistance Collaboration
- LMS Research Funding Support
- Organizational Collaborative Alliances for Advocacy of Programs that benefit patients/families/research efforts
Non Profit Organization No
Areas of Service To Veterans Family Support
2843 E. Grand River Avenue
East Lansing, Michigan 48823